In Northwest Mississippi, First Tennessee Foundation provides grants to eligible nonprofits in the following areas: Hernando, Horn Lake, Olive Branch, Senatobia and Southaven.
Organizations we’ve supported in Northwest Mississippi include:
Arc of Northwest Mississippi
Our philanthropic grant supports the Arc Northwest Mississippi’s Ready Set Go Jobs Program, which helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities gain critical job, social, and life skills to assist the transition from high school to the workforce.
Palmer Home for Children
Our support has helped the Palmer Home for Children provide ‘a safe harbor to children who need a home.’ Serving individual children and sibling groups, the organization provides a haven of security and comfort to abused and neglected children regardless of race, gender or background.
The Baddour Center
The Baddour Center is a supportive home for more than 150 individuals with special needs. Our grant helped fund programs for youth and young adults with intellectual disabilities ages 16 to 35.
Timeline for grants applications:
- October 1 – Grant application process opens
- December 1 – Application deadline
- March 1 – Grant awards announced
Foundation grants are not provided to or for:
- Trips and Tours
- Solely religious, social or fraternal organizations
- Charities that redistribute funds to other charitable organizations, except in the case of recognized united fund-type organizations
- K-12 schools
- Political organizations or those having the primary purpose of influencing legislation or promoting a particular ideological point of view
- Operating budget deficits
Questions? Please contact the representative for your area below: